In the Shadow of the Moon
There are only 2 things that the liberal Ron Howard(*) has done that we like: (1) his directing the film Apollo 13 and (2) this follow up presentation of his called In the Shadow of the Moon.
(*) Ron Howard played a teenager in the hit comedy TV series called Happy Days.
(Information edited and enhanced from the movie jacket.)
Ron Howard presents
In the Shadow of the Moon (PG) (2008) (110mins)
"Remember when the whole world looked up."
"Spellbinding" Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun Times
"Magnificent" Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal
"Stunning" New York Magazine
"An astonishing absorbing, exhilarating trip to the outer reaches of the heavens. This is the closest any of us will ever get to experiencing one of the humankind's most noble adventures." Jeffery Lyons, NBC's "Reel Talk"
"Indescribably moving ... an artful blend of eye-popping footage from space ... one of the best films of the year ... don;'t miss it." Leonard Maltin, Entertainment Tonight
In The Shadow of the Moon is an intimate epic, which vividly communicates the daring and the danger, the pride and the passion, of this extraordinary era in American History. Between 1968 and 1972, the world watched in awe each time an American spacecraft voyaged to the Moon. Only 12 American men walked upon its surface and they remain the only human beings to have stood on another world. Now for the first time, and very possible the last, In The Shadow of the Moon combines archival material from the original NASA film footage, much of it never before seen, with interviews with the surviving astronauts who emerge as eloquent, witty, emotional and very human.
More information about this film:
Parts of the film are in Black and White.
Winner 2007 Sundance Film Festival: World Cinema Audience Award for Documentary
Special Features on this DVD:
* An exclusive message from Ron Howard
* Scoring Apollo: A special feature with composer Phillip Sheppard
* Deleted and extended scenes with over 60 minutes of stories from the astronauts never before-seen footage from the Apollo missions
* English and Spanish subtitles (CC)
* Enter a Contest for your chance to win a trip to the Space Camp at the US Space & Rocket Center www.spacecamp.com/Moon
The Truth Project is an excellent educational resource. It consists of 8 dual-layer DVD's covering 12 Lessons including a Leaders' Training lesson. This excellent series brings you an in-depth Christian Worldwide view of these topics which answer these serious questions:
- Lesson 1 - Veritology - What is truth?
- Lesson 2 - Philosophy & Ethics - Says Who?
- Lesson 2 - Anthropology - Who is man?
- Lesson 4 - Thology - Who is God?
- Lesson 5 -
- Lesson 6 - History - Whose story?
- Lesson 7 - Sociology - The Divine Imprint.
- Lesson 8 - Unio Mystica - Am I alone?
- Lesson 9- The State - Whose Law?
- Lesson 10 - The American Experiment.
- Lesson 11 - Labor - Created to create.
- Lesson 12 - Community & Involvement - God cares, Do I?
(From the movie jacket - see what some experts think of this Truth Project🙂
"Given the widespread moral relativism in the culture today, it is more important than ever that Christians understand and are committed to absolute truth. Our worldview curriculum, presented by Dr. Del Tackett, is addressed to that issue in an effective and captivating way. It is one of the most exciting programs to come from this ministry in many years."
- Dr. James C. Dobson, PH.D., founder and chairman of Focus on the Family
"I wholeheartedly recommend the Truth Project. It is worthy of its name and its intent. I hope and pray that many will get behind it and take advantage of it. The content of a project like this is the best gift you can give your children and yourself."
- Ravi Zacharias, President of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries.
" I think that the Truth Project is one of the most significant things that Focus on the Family has ever undertaken."
- R.C. Sproul, Founder t and Chairman of Ligoner Ministries
Focus on the Family presents the Truth Project
A DVD based small group study designed to equip believers with a comprehensive biblical worldview. Practically and personally, participants will be re-introduced to the truth claims of God. Twelve 1 hour lessons discuss in detail God's design for living out the Christian worldview in daily life. Most imprtantly, it addresses the need to marry our actionst o our core beliefs. WHat this curriculum does is nothing short of transformational.
www.thetruthproject.org 2006 Closed Captions (CC) is an available feature.